Sapphires: proper care of gemstones
The proper care and the beauty of your gems is an important matter to me.
For a long time I wanted to carve out a space, short but exhaustive, about the precautions to follow to keep in good health our gemstone jewelry.
Of course each type would deserve a specific topic, but in general the best way to handle gemstones like sapphire is:
– Use only lukewarm water, soap and a soft brush, avoid soaking. Forget the use of strong cleaners and never (!!!) clean your jewelry with solvents such as alcohol, acetone or diluents.
– Put jewels in their original boxes, in separate envelopes or in little bags.
– Make sure that their frames are not loose and that the stones are firmly anchored to them.
– Avoid to wear jewelry while showering or swimming. Use the same attention when doing gardening or sports. If we talk about sapphires, we know that they have a high hardness, but that does not mean they do not get damaged!
– As I said above, do not expose them to scratches or temperature changes.
– Always rely on a professional to evaluate, repair, polish or treat your jewelry.
Please, be aware that I am always willing to listen to all your questions.
Email me or come to Milan, via San Giovanni sul Muro 12.